During the recruitment process, so many people apply, and you need to pick one of them. While you are making a selection, it is extremely important to be sure about all the aspects of the person who is going to be employed. After checking the person’s credentials, the last step of the recruitment process is the background check. Yes, it is done by the employer to ensure that the person is who is going to come on board is free from any kinds of social baggage. You can also include this step while hiring so that you rest assured about the person.
You must be wondering how you can go about doing this. You can consider an intelius background check review and get the work done smoothly. In the article, you shall come across the importance of background checks and the different types of background checks that are done. You shall know everything about it in the article that continues. Before knowing the importance, let’s quickly know the major types to crystal clear with the concept.
Types of background checks-
You can go for the background check as per your requirement. Make sure you go through the Intelius background check reviews.
- Employment Background check
The employer does this check to ensure that the person getting hired will not pose any threat to its reputation. For example, the employer can go for a criminal background check to not harm the other employees working in the company. The check can include a criminal record, medical history, drug check, etc.
- Criminal background check
Companies and other institutes mostly do this before hiring a person. The person who is being entrusted shall not have been part of any sex crimes, frauds, etc. Different records like country criminal records, sex offenders list, etc., are checked in this type of check.
- Universal background check
This type of background checking is done before selling a firearm to the prospective buyer. It ensures that the person was never engaged in anti-social activities and shall not misuse the firearm to harm the people in the society. The check is conducted by a licensed firearm importer on the person who is willing to buy.
These are the most crucial ones that are used for safety purposes. Besides these, there are fingerprint checks, e-verification checks.,OIG checks, etc., which verify the details provided by the person.
Now, you have understood the different types of background checks. It is time for you to realize its importance so that you are not ignorant about anything. Let’s get started so that you have a suspicious eye on everybody for good.
Importance of background checks
You might have realized that it is a good practice that multinational companies do to entrust the person who will work with them. So let’s know the benefits.
- The most important benefit is that it maintains quality in the staff and, no offender can join your company. It also implies that the safety of the other employers is prioritized, which shall also help them be loyal and work efficiently in the company.
- If you do not employ this step in the recruitment process, and the purpose turns out to be a criminal, your company might get into a soup. It reduces the risks of negligent hiring and liability.
- You want your employees to be honest, and that is the first requirement of any job profession. The background checks allow you to develop that trust in the employee once and for all.
These are essential besides there are other benefits like it reduces liability, maintains compliance, etc. So make sure you realize the importance and get the check done.